Babies are usually sound sleepers, without distractions, noise and tension to keep them from falling to sleep. But if your baby often wakes up at night screaming, it may be a sign of sleep deprivation, sleepwalking or nightmares.
Is it Normal for Babies to Wake Up Screaming?
Babies can wake up during the night around 3 to 4 times, depending on their age and eating habits, but to wake up screaming is a parent problem should not be taken lightly. Nightmares or bad dreams are usually a sign of deep psychological problems that must be recognized and treated as soon as possible. According to a recent survey, 1% to 6% of children may have night terrors and wake up screaming. Furthermore, it has mostly been observed that boys are more at risk of experiencing night terrors for unknown reasons. According to a survey, nearly 40% of children experience a nightmare before they reach the age of 6 and if a family member has a positive history of night terrors, other family members are at risk important to live too.
Why Babies Wake Up Screaming?
|Nightmares||Nightmares and night terrors are some parents are often confused about the two. Night terrors are just extremely disturbing or frightening thoughts that can disrupt normal sleeping child, but not to wake them. Night terrors usually occur between the first third of the night and are forgotten when the child wakes up. Nightmares usually happen in the second half of sleep and result in the child wake up terrified and screaming feeling. Children are usually able to remember their dreams and may feel upset for a few days and then the nightmare.|
|Hunger||Whenever a child is hungry, his body becomes agitated and his mind starts to get active instead of relaxation, which can result in the child to wake up disturbed. Try to set a power model for the child to sleep comfortably and remains intact throughout the sleep period.|
|Pain||As children are unable to resolve their problems in adulthood, painful stimuli such as pain can lead to awaken suddenly. If the child has used non-traditional foods such as raw meat or dairy products (if lactose intolerant), flatulence and stomach pain are commonly experienced symptoms that can trigger night terrors. This can result in baby wakes up screaming and extremely disturbed.|
|Scared||Sometimes all it takes for children to fear is darkness and silence. Even if they are sleeping, they are likely to wake up suddenly feeling fear an hour of the night.|
|Separation||When a child begins to sleep in a separate room, it may first feel anxious because it is closer to his parents, he may feel like he does not want to see you again resulting from the hustle and inability to sleep properly.|
|Wide Awake||Sometimes children do not sleep at all; they can go through a period where they stay awake for long hours.|
|Feeling Cold||One child from breastfeeding is very likely to feel cold even with slight temperature drop. In this case, it is best to feed the child to restore energy and heat.|
|Dirty Diaper||With bowel movements or after urinating in the layer, your baby may feel restless and uneasy. As you notice, clean up. This is because the discomfort of feeling can cause rashes and irritation of him|
How to Soothe My Baby Who Wakes Up Screaming…….
When a baby wakes up startled and frightened, it is important to:
- Calm your baby. Be there for your child every time he has a nightmare, reassure her that you are there to protect him and that he has nothing to fear. This will cause a sense of security in your child and help to fight against his fears.
- Disable it. After a bad dream, let your child know that it was unreal. Tell him it’s over and repeat reassuring words such as “it was only a dream” for him to gain strength and gain peace with reality.
- Listen. If your child is talking non-stop surquelque thing he saw in his dreams, do not ignore it. Give it all your attention and make him know that you are there for him. If this is not the night, encourage your child to talk in the morning because daylight has the effect of making any less scary. Also try to associate images that scary weak and is “overcoming” capable of things this child will give you confidence to fight with nightmares and a strong spirit of configuration.
- Light. Using a low intensity, low light at night can help your child feel more secure, as the light of day. He removed the shadows of images or voices that your child might hear. Also, if he wakes up after a bad dream, a room full of light is better and more soothing than dark.
- Comfort. When children have nightmares or have a series of bad dreams, the best thing to do is to comfort them. Read a story and give them more love and support to overcome the bad dreams. Try to identify the factors that could cause night terrors / nightmares, like all the recent history of bad events or a radical change in the environment. Use guidance tools depending on the situation. These constant assurances go a long way in strengthening their minds and will prevent them from distractions.
- Off back to sleep. Better try to encourage the child to go back to sleep instead of staying awake in the disturbed state of mind, it is likely. Sleep helps in two ways: his mind will relax and have talked to you before removing sleep reassure him that you will be there for him.Use soft music, a very positive story bedtime and a certain darkness to help your child to sleep with pleasant thoughts circling his brain.
- Consult a physician. If the problem persists, it is always a better optionpour get professional help.
For more help, visit the link below:
How to Prevent Your Baby to Wake Up Screaming
To help your children to wake up to fear, the most important thing to do is to strengthen the mind against evil thoughts and the things he finds frightening. Make sure your child does not read or watch scary images before going to sleep, those things certainly influence the dreams they see.
Use accessories such as flash light magic and tell them they can get rid of “evil” and “darkness” with the help of these accessories. Let them know that their fears are deactivated and reassure them that they are strong and able.
For children, it is only a matter of time before they begin to find evil monsters and shadows of a ridiculous thing to be afraid of, but if they are taught to control their fears and thoughts at a very young age, it will help a long way in life.